Friday, March 19, 2010

A Letter To My Son On His Birthday

Dear Ryder,

Wow buddy, I can’t believe you are a whole year old today!  I remember the day that I had you like it was yesterday, it is a day that I know I will never forget.  I cell 065didn’t get to hold you right away, or even get a really good look at you, but I heard you cry…and to me it was the sweetest sound I had ever heard.  I knew from that moment that you were strong and healthy and we would have our time together soon enough.  They  wheeled me through the NICU after surgery and placed you in my arms for the first time, and even though I could only hold you for a moment, I felt a bond with you that I knew would last a lifetime. 

It has been a bit of a rough road for you in your first year of life, but I want you to know how proud Mommy & Daddy are of you for all that you have overcome.  I admire you for being so strong, brave, and resilient.  You are truly an inspiration to many!  There are so many wonderful people out there that care about you and prayed for God to heal you.  You are a real, living example of how God answers prayers! 

Your smile is so infectious that it lights  up every room you enter and you have an abundance of joy in your Kidneys 017aheart that pours out to those around you.  Your silliness is contagious, sometimes we look at each other and both start cracking up laughing for no reason!  Your laugh could make the saddest person in the world happy and I pray that you will always use that to let your light shine bright.  

You have made your Daddy & I so happy in this year we have had with you.  We’ve enjoyed watching you go from being a tiny, helpless little infant, to the big, strong one year old you are today.  Every little milestone you have reached has made us so proud, we will always be in your corner, cheering you on to encourage you and help you reach your goals.  You are by far the most perfect gift that God ever could have given to us. 11 months 023a

I love you and I hope that you have the BEST First Birthday EVER!

~Mommy~

13 comments:

Mandi said...

Okay, I have to go to my make-up again! LOL That was SO sweet Brandy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYDER!! YOU ARE SUCH A STRONG LITTLE MAN!

Nicki said...

What a sweet letter...happy first birthday Ryder!!!

The Steinhauser Family said...

Haha, I almost cried too!!! He has made it over so many hurdles this year and I know he will continue to overcome any obstacle that comes his way! Happy bday Ryder, we love you!

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Happy Birthday Ryder! ; )

McNab Family said...

Happy Birthday Ryder!

Caleb's mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYDER!!!

Diana said...

I cried! lol! HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY (again) RYDER!!!!!!!

The Vathes Family said...

Beautiful letter, Brandy! Happy birthday Ryder!!!!!!!

The Baldwin Family said...

there's a few tears over here too. Happy birthday Ryder!!! Ryder's lucky to have such a wondeful mommy :)

Caleb's mom said...

By the way- that is the most beautiful picture of you and Ryder, I love it. You look so happy and in love.

Jamie Claudia said...

Awww... definitely gave me the goosebumps and made me tear up! I can't wait to celebrate all the many more birthdays' to come that I'm sure will be just as amazing <3 Happy Birthday Ryder!!!

Emily W said...

That was very sweet, you did get me crying!Happy 1st Birthday Ryder! Not only are you blessed to have him but he will grow up knowing he is blessed for you and Alan. He can never deny it with this beautiful letter!

kristen said...

:*) Beautiful B.