Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DONE!

As the month of March comes to an end, I realize that we are finally DONE with the craziness that came along with this month.  We have had Birthdays, Parties, an Anniversary, a Baby Shower, a Funeral, visits with friends and family, and a TON of doctor appointments.  I like action, but this month was a little overwhelming. 

I am happy that we were able to tie up so many loose ends though and I can finally end this chapter of the blog!  Don’t worry, we aren’t going anywhere, but my main objective in creating this blog was to document Ryder’s life and print it into a book.  So now that we got the health mysteries solved (we know that his kidneys are healing and we got confirmation that he did have a stroke in utero), plus we got his 1 yr pictures in, I finally feel comfortable ending “Volume 1: The First Year” and getting it ready for print!

As we sat in the waiting room at the Pediatrician’s office yesterday, Ryder told us that he was DONE!  And I couldn’t agree more.  He got his shot, they did his blood work, and now we are DONE.  I talked to his doctor about his platelets being high and she said that if they come back high again, we will just test his blood in another month and keep an eye on it.  The platelets could be high as a pre-cursor to anemia, or because his esophagus is inflamed from having acid reflux…or a few other reasons, nothing too serious, so I’m DONE worrying about that!  And we are DONE with Dr. appointments, nothing on the books for April…yessssssss! 

So, IN RYDER’S VERY OWN WORDS…WE ARE OFFICIALLY:

DONE!

3 comments:

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

So precious! He is SO cute!

The Steinhauser Family said...

I'm glad its DONE too! What a huge relief for you guys! I know its been stressful. Love the video ;)

Jamie Claudia said...

OMGosh, he's so cute!!! I love the video, its so amazing to hear him say any new words :) I'm so happy the month of March is over too and now you can sit back and take a deep breath and relax a little bit.. Here's to a low-stress month of April <3