Monday, September 28, 2009

Update

6months 135 6months 130

Wondering why Ryder has a band-aid on his arm AGAIN?!  Yup, more blood work.  Which just means that my update is that I don’t have much of an update.  Just more sitting and waiting for results.  The good news is that they sent his urine off to the lab and did get results back that the white blood cells and blood they found in his urine was a very small amount so there is no need for concern there.  Hopefully in the next day or two I’ll have the results from his blood work back and that will be clear too.  Onto way more exciting things!  Ryder is like his Daddy in so many ways, but I’ve noticed lately that he definitely has one of my personality traits.  He’s very obsessive passionate about things that he likes.  His newest “passion” has been wanting to drink out of my cup.  Every time I go to take a drink of something, he is reaching and acting like a crazy man trying to get my cup.  So I decided to give him my glass of water and see what he would do:

6months 1286months 1256months 124 

I took that as a hint that it was time to get Ryder his very own cup…and I’d say that was a great move.  He absolutely loves having a sippy cup, and it only took 1 day for him to figure out how it worked and how to get the juice out of it.6months 1226months 1366months 145

What a big boy!  Tonight he had green beans and apple sauce for dinner and kept breaking to take sips of his juice.  Normally I tip the bottom up so that he can actually get the juice out, but Mr. Independent decided that he didn’t need my help, he would just use his foot!  (How’s that for Problem Solving Skills??!!)

3 comments:

Nicki said...

How cute!! Great job on the sippy cup Ryder :)

The Steinhauser Family said...

he looks SO big drinking out of a cup!! haha, these pictures are too cute!

The Baldwin Family said...

I love him tipping it with his foot!! He's getting so big!