Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Maisy Video & Ryder Funnies

Things have been so hectic around here lately, sorry I haven’t had time to sit down and upload pictures or write about our happenings.  I’ll just keep you entertained with cute video’s of our kids instead! (atleast I think they’re cute, haha).
 

Her shirt says “Sweetest Little Sister” with a big cupcake on it.  I asked Ryder that morning “Ryder, do you think your sister is as sweet as a cupcake?” He said “Nooooo, I think she’s messy like a cupcake!” 

Okay now I feel telling more funny Ryder stories…here goes…

If we are outside and Ryder sees dandilions, you better believe he’s going to pick them for his Momma.  “Mommmmaaaaaa I got a surprise for you” as he picks “I’m pickin’ flowers for you because that’s what you do when you love your Momma” stillll pickin…”Momma do you know how much I love you?  I love you for TWO DAYS!”  Sounds about right…well more like 2 minutes these days! 

Riding in the car the other day “I love you Mom, but do you know who I don’t love??”  oh boy….”who?” “I don’t love Captain Hook.  He’s soooooo sneaky.  I should spank his A**!”  oops, maybe we need to change his taste in music to songs with no bad words.

You know what phase I have always dreaded…the “why” phase.  Being around other children growing up it always made me cringe when they started asking “why? but why? but why? because why?” because I like to have an answer for everything, so when I can’t provide an answer to someone in return it just makes me uneasy…yes even if they are 2 years old.  When it seemed that Ryder had kind of skipped over the WHY phase, I was overjoyed!  Until I realized that he just has a different form of the WHY phase.  It goes a little something like this “well what would you say if…”.  Here are some examples:

Ryder: Can I sit up front?

Me: No Buddy, it’s illegal and Mommy doesn’t want to get in trouble.

Ryder: Well what would you say if you got in trouble?

Me: Well I wouldn’t say anything because I’m not going to get in trouble.  But if a police officer saw you in the front seat I think I’d get in trouble.

Ryder: Well what would the police officer say if I sat up front?

Me: He’d probably say “Excuse me lady, your child can NOT sit up front”

Ryder: And what would you say?

Me: I’d say “oh sorry sir, my 3 year old rules my life and he really wanted to sit up here.”

Ryder: And what would he say then?

Me: I DONT KNOW RYDER BUT LETS NOT FIND OUT…GET IN THE BACK SEAT!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: Ryder if you have to go potty make sure you let me know.

Ryder: What would you say if I didn’t tell you?

Me: I’d say “Ryder you should have told Mommy, now you’re underwear and pants are all wet and I’m not happy.”

Ryder: And what would my friends say if I peed my pants?

Me: Well they’d probably think it was gross because you’d be wet and you might smell like pee.

Ryder: And what would Daddy say if I peed my pants?

Me: OH MY GOODNESS JUST DON’T PEE YOUR PANTSSSSS….OKAYYYYYYY???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: Come on Ryder, hurry up, we’re going to be late for therapy.

Ryder: What would Miss Abby say if we were late for therapy?

Me: She’d probably say “oh no, where is Ryder? He is late.”

Ryder: And what would she say when I got there?

Me: She’d probably say “Oh, there you are Ryder, you’re late.”

Ryder: And what would Mr. Ryan say if Miss Abby told him I was late?

Me: Ummm he’d probably say “I’m sorry Miss Abby I know you probably miss Ryder, I wish he wasn’t late”.

Ryder: And what would Mr. Ryan say when I got there?

Me: WHY DO I FEED INTO THIS???? CAN YOU JUST COME ON???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that explains why I’ve had no time to blog.  I’m too busy talking about what I would say…instead of just saying something! 

4 comments:

Nicole said...

hahaha oh these made me smile! Sometimes when Mikayla starts going on like this, I get so TIRED just responding to her questions!!! Too funny!

The Vathes Family said...

Love the Maisy video, she really is so sweet and Ryder just cracks me up!

Caleb's mom said...

aww i need to have a little daddys girl for Ryan.. too sweet. how are they so big already! geesh.

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Bahahahaa these stories are hilarious! And Maisy is so sweet...getting so big, standing up and giving kisses! :)