Thursday, April 26, 2012

It’s A Boy!!

Contrary to what the world may believe…I really did give birth to a baby BOY 3 years ago!  Yes I know everyone reading this already knows that. 

But the lady at the gas station who sees Ryder in a shirt that says “Big Brother” and snidely comments to the person she’s with “BROTHER?!?!  Pah!” did not know.

The kids at the playground the other day saying “Let the little girl go down the slide first”, they did not know.

The worker at the Great Wolf Lodge souvenir store who checked us out when we bought Ryder’s dump truck saying “Can she carry it or does she need a bag” as she handed his DUMP TRUCK to him…she did not know.

His Doctor who he sees on a fairly regular basis that walked into the room and said “Hey Ryder, how’s our girl doing??” He SHOULD have known, but nope.

And to every other person we come in contact with every.single.time we go out in public…even though he is dressed in all boy clothes, and talks about all boy things, they just didn’t know…that HE IS A BOY!!!!!

I guess it’s fair to say we’ve heard the “girl” comment one too many times and realized that it’s not fair to him, how confusing must that be for people to be constantly calling him a girl when he knows he’s a boy?!  And how annoying for us to always have to correct people.  His hair has always been his “thing” so this decision did not come easy for us (and all of our attachment issues).  But the time has come…

003 004

008  011 

016

We saved his first pony tail we ever cut…so this time we’re donating to locks of love! 

012 015

018 025

Yup, he’s definitely all BOY now.  In fact, from this point on, I don’t think he’ll ever be referred to as a girl again!  I thought me & Daddy would both cry seeing it all get cut off…but look at him!  He looks SO handsome, we were both so happy with how it came out.  I can’t stop looking at all his features that were hiding under all that hair.  His ears, his eyes, his eyelashes, the shape of his head…it’s all so new! 

His cousins Angel & Alyssa came into Aunt Dee’s shop while we were there, so he had a blast pretending to be the worker after his haircut was done.  He washed Alyssa’s and Angel’s hair plus swept up for Aunt Dee!

019 045

039 030

Oh he looks so handsome, we’re going to miss his long hair…Now our motto can’t be “Long Hair Don’t Care” anymore, ha. 

IMG_20120426_185113

IMG_20120426_214048

If this post is traumatizing and you’re in tears right now because Ryder doesn’t have long hair anymore, you might not want to watch this clip. 

So Maisy was wearing a brown shirt the other day, we were in the grocery store and she was in the cart chewing on my keys.  The checkout lady says “Oh no, he’s driving already?  I better stay off the road if he’s going to be driving”.  REALLY??????  FOR REAL?????? 

7 comments:

sherry.rison said...

Tell Ryder that Nana Sherry thinks he looks very handsome with that new mohawk!

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Hahahaha Callie has been called a "he" too! What is wrong with people?! LOL. Anyway, he looks SUPER handsome with his new haircut. I showed Carter his picture lastnight & he just smiled...I said "do you like it?" and goes "Yeah, its cool man!" :)

Nicole said...

I Love, love, looove his hair cut!! And no matter what, Long Hair don't Care will always live on, lol. After all, that's how Matteson has Alan saved in his phone. :)

Mandi said...

I hope you saved the hair in a baggy! lol His new hair cut is cute!

Caleb's mom said...

i totally just cried! so im sitting here laughing at myself! He has always been super handsome but wow, he looks so gorgeous! HE is sooo coool! I love it.

The Vathes Family said...

I can't say it enough how much I love his hair and you're right, the hair cut brings out all of his handsome features!!! Believe me, I feel you're pain too, up until about six months ago no matter if Maddy wore all pink, because she had short hair people would call her a boy. Drove me crazy!

Patty B said...

I can't believe the time has finally come!! I love it!! He looks great!