Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

What a fun Easter we had!  Our festivities started on Saturday when our Church had a huge Easter egg hunt for the kids. 

013

I love watching Ryder play with his friends, it’s so sweet to me!

008

020

Hanging out with this girl is always fun :-)

018

029

Sunday we got up VERY early and headed to our Church’s sunrise service.  It was such a beautiful service, even more of a reminder of what Jesus did for us and what celebrating the day really means to us.

040

045

When the sun peaked over the water, we showed Ryder who was sitting on the blanket with his little friend from Church named Anna, she said “I see the sun, but where’s Jesus??” so they started asking loudly “but where is Jesus?? but where is Jesus??!!”

041

After the service we headed back to Poppy’s house and he cooked us all a nice big Easter breakfast.  That was followed by an Easter egg hunt which meant eating candy at 10am! 

After that we headed home to see if the Easter Bunny had dropped any baskets off at our house!  Ryder had lots of questions about “how in the heck in the world could a Easter Bunny hop that fast??” I give it another year or two before he calls us on all of these characters.  But not this year, because THE EASTER BUNNY REALLY DID COME TO OUR HOUSE!

032

Our next stop was to Aunt Annie’s to have dinner with my family.  Are you ready for this…

064 065

Maisy’s dress had pink bows on it!!!  Shopping for an Easter dress kind of made me nauseous…sorry but I’m just being honest.  Way too many bows and lace and frills for me, but Daddy spotted this one and we thought it was perfect.  If I would have put it on her more than 5 minutes before we walked out the door, I would have taken scissors to those pink bows on the front!  But she wore them well, cute girl.

074 

084 091 

075

She’s quite the Daddy’s girl these days…I guess he gets her wild side a little better than I do!  Big brother was busy hunting for more Easter eggs!

078

080 094

Oh how nice of him to share some eggs with this little sister!

104 101

NOT!  Of course he didn’t share his eggs with this sister…these were donated by a cousin and look how happy they made her! 

We had a great Easter, I love any holiday that gets us together with family and brings on all the good food and fun! 

I posted the words to this song last year too because it is my absolute favorite song to reflect on, especially around Easter time. 

Living He loved me

Dying He saved me

Buried He carried my sins far away

Rising He justified, freely forever

One day He’s coming, Oh glorious day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Easter looked wonderful and Maisy's dress looked fitting for her. Not too much! I love how you made it to the sunrise service with the kids. How special and a tradition that will definitely be impactful to them :) I loved Sunrise service on Easter growing up!

Nicole said...

Haha your bow comments cracked me up!! She looked adorable! Just add a huge flower on top of her head and she'd be all set, haha. ;). Looks like a wonderful Easter!!

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

She looks so pretty in her dress! :) Glad you guys had a good Easter! That's a cute picture of you and Maisy too!