Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ryder Funnies

Apparently Me & Alan need to get some new body wash or lotion or something.  Ryder walked into the kitchen the other morning and said “Oh there you are Daddy, I thought I smelled you in here!”  Alan said “You thought you smelled me??  Well what do I smell like??”  Ryder said “Hot dogs!”  The next day it was my turn… “I can smell you Momma”.  Oh gosh.  “You smell me??  Well what do I smell like?”  Ryder said “Eggs!”  Hotdogs & Eggs, aren’t you glad you don’t live with us?! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His prayers are getting more in depth these days.  Of course I always make sure he prays about the important stuff:

“Dear Jesus, I pray for the 4-wheelers at the 4-wheeler store.  So all the guys and all the boys can get 4-wheelers.  And all the lady’s can get stuff but not 4-wheelers. And that there will be 4-wheelers at the 4-wheeler store.  And that if we don’t want one we can just go back home. Amen.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He has started calling us names when we’re doing something he doesn’t like.  The other morning I went in to wake him up and he said “Get away from me DRAGON!!”

He was working really hard the other day on building a masterpiece with his blocks, of course Maisy saw this as the perfect opportunity to go bother him.  “Get away from me DISTRACTION!!!  Momma get Maisy away she’s being a distraction!!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Ryder was sick a couple weeks ago and I took him to the Doctor, she needed to listen to his heart with her stethoscope.  He was wearing his shirt that has a snow monster on it, so when the Doctor said “Okay Ryder I just need to listen to your monster” he FREAKED…you all know why.  I couldn’t even bring myself to tell her why he was screaming “Noooooo, Don’t touch my monster!!!!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder: (frustrated about something) What the FACK!

Me: Ummmm what did you just say???

Ryder: I said what the fack.

Me: What is a fack??

Ryder: I guess it’s something like a bat.

Me: Okay well then next time why don’t you say “What the BAT”. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you know, no topic is off limits with this boy, so of course he has asked where he came from.  One great thing about having a c-section: that whole story is so much easier to explain!! 

Me: Well you were in Mommy’s tummy and when it was time for you to be born the Doctor just cut you out!

Ryder: But I don’t want the Doctor to cut me out!  I was swimming in your tummy with Maisy and I wanted him to just shake me out!

Me: Well he couldn’t shake you out, so he cut Mommy’s tummy and pulled you out and we were so happy to get to meet you.

Ryder: Where did he cut your tummy at?

I showed him.  He ran out of the room.

He came right back though, with an Angry Birds band-aid!  *So Sweet*

6 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

Oh my gosh the monster one had me cracking up, SO funny!!!! Keep these coming Brandy, I just love hearing his funnies :)

Diana said...

He is so funny! How sweet of him to bring you a band aid :)

Nicole said...

Oh my goooodness, that monster one is hilarious!! You totally should have told the pediatrician, hahahaha. So glad you write all this stuff down, you've got quite the stories to tell his future wife one day :)

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Haahhaaa I'm sitting here trying not to laugh out loud! "Get away you dragon!!!!!!" and 'what the fack!" LOL, priceless! And lastnight his air guitar was awesome, I must say ;)

Unknown said...

Each and every one is so funny! I can't pick my favorite! You are so good at keeping up with writing these down. I started doing my Bradley quotes. The BQOTD's but I can't keep up! Now I feel like the longer the conversations....the more to write...ughh!

Mandi said...

LOL!!!! I LOVE the prayer about 4-wheelers!! Can't wait to see him & you and catch up!!