Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Break

Well, I didn’t get my camera out at ALL on Thanksgiving, hence my lack of an immediate blog post out of eagerness to share photos.  But then I realized that I don’t need pictures.  I can still write and say that we had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We went to Gregg’s girlfriend Catherine’s house for breakfast, my Aunt’s house for lunch, then Alan’s Dad & Cindy’s for dinner.  Eat much?!  It was great getting to spend the day with family and enjoy such good food.  Most importantly we talked a lot that day (that’s what we do with Ryder around!) about everything we are thankful for.  #1: Jesus.  #2: Eachother.  #3: Our Family & Friends. #4: Santa Claus (per Ryder)…oh yes…we are full blown in the Christmas spirit over here (More to come on that)!

I am extremely thankful for this little break that we’ve had which gave us so much quality time together.  Both of the kids have been pretty congested since Wednesday so we tried to lay low.  Went for a walk in our new (to us) double stroller!  LOVE this thing!

2011-11-21_16-45-17_49

Ryder and Daddy built a clock for his room, a little project they’ve been waiting to do together:

435

442

455

458

Mommy & Daddy even got to sneak off for a little alone time together…in the woods…

hunting

HUNTING!  Haha, Alan took me hunting with him, it was my first time ever.  He always said he wouldn’t take me because I couldn’t stay quiet that long.  I have to admit, it was hard, I thought of a million things I wanted to talk about.  But instead I kept quiet, took in all the peace and tranquility that being in the middle of nature had to offer, then had the best thought that I couldn’t hold in, it was too good so I had to let it out “From now on every time you go hunting, I get atleast a bubble bath in return!”  He smiled and nodded knowing it’s only fair since he is getting all this quiet time!  We didn’t shoot anything (which obviously I’m not upset about) but it was nice to have that time with my husband, getting out of my comfort zone and experiencing something that he loves.  Even gave me some ideas of how to get to his level and use terminology that he can better understand.  Next time he’s up getting ready for work at 3am making all kind of noise, instead of yelling “could you PLEASE be a little quieter so you don’t wake the kids?!” I think I’ll try “Nice easy steps babe, don’t drag your feet, you don’t want anything to sense you’re here!”

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  On to Christmas!  Yayyy :)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

hahaha - love the hunting quotes :). Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving and your tree looks great! Hope it stays up this time! :)

Patty B said...

HAHA you're so cute in your gear!! Loves it.