Monday, November 28, 2011

The Christmas Spirit

Oh we are SO ready for Christmas!  Not ready in a Mommy-and-Daddy-have-their-crap-together-and-are-done-shopping way…but more like a BRING IT ON, SO EXCITED, CAN’T WAIT kind of way!!

We put out our Christmas decorations, hung our stockings, and went to the Christmas Tree farm to pick out our tree…that’s right, no fake tree for us this year!  Ever since we moved into our home we’ve used Alan’s Moms fake tree and all of her decorations, which made a gorgeous tree.  But when Alan told me we could get a real tree this year, I was SUPER excited.  And when he said we could even get colored lights, WOO HOOOOO, hello childhood!  (If only he would let me listen to my N’Sync Christmas CD while we decorated, but that was pushing it!)

After we put it up and decorated it…the first time…we stared at it, admiring how perfect and beautiful it was.

Then CRASH it fell down!

After we put it up, tied it down with fishing wire, and decorated it…the second time…we agreed that even though it fell down, we still loved our tree and it was still so beautiful and perfect.

Then the fishing wire broke and CRASH it fell down AGAIN!

So now that the tree is tied down with cable, and decorated so beautifully for the THIRD time, I’m praying and having little pep talks with it to please stay up.  I’m afraid one more crash and it will be laying in the woods somewhere, beautifully decorated with my colored lights and all of our ornaments, only to be replaced by a fake tree with white lights. 

593

(Why am I just now realizing that we don’t have a topper on our tree?!  Probably a good thing, might have caused damage in the crash!)

Maisy’s Precious Moments “My First Christmas” ornament did not survive the second crash, here’s a memorial.

640

We are not letting any of this ruin our Christmas Spirit!  We’ve even made Christmas cookies already!

605 608

641

We found the cutest camo stockings for Ryder and Maisy…adorable!

 647

Ryder is all about Santa, he carries a little stuffed Santa with him all over the place, says that Santa is his Best Friend, plays the Talking Santa app on my phone all the time, and already has plans for what he will leave Santa on Christmas Eve.  Not cookies…wait for it…HO HO’s!  “Because that’s Santa’s favorite thing, that’s why he says ho-ho-ho all the time”…Does anyone have a better explanation of why Santa says Ho-Ho-Ho?!  Me either.

I put Ryder’s chair in front of the Christmas tree to try to get a picture of him & Maisy together by the tree.

616

A little while later he asked if they could take another picture…OF COURSE!  I set Maisy on his lap and snapped a picture as I heard him say to her “so little girl, what would you like for Christmas??”  Yes, he was pretending to be Santa.  What came next was even better “Oh, you want a racing car steering wheel thing and a boat?  Okay sure!”  No Ryder, that would be what YOU want for Christmas.

620

We got my Mom’s Christmas tree today and my nieces helped me decorate it.

652

Oh we are SO in the Christmas Spirit around here!  27 more days!! :)

3 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

Wow I can't believe how grown your neices look.
I love your tree and those camo stockings, too cute!

Patty B said...

So happy your Christmas spirit has arrived! How can Alan resist the NSync Christmas CD??

Theresa said...

We are all ready for Christmas too! We actually started deocorating two weeks before Thanksgiving. The kids are really into this year, so I'm SUPER excited to see their reactions. So sorry your tree decided to fumble a couple times. That's horrible but reading it definitely made me giggle b/c the same thing has happened to me before.