Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Big Brother!!

008

I have to tell you how much I love having two big brothers!  Growing up they were always there for me, they would help me and play with me and build me things and make me laugh so hard.  They would pick me up and body slam me into the couch (against my will), pick on me, blame things on me, they definitely worked hard to toughen my skin and not let me be a girly girl.  But at the end of the day, I always knew that they loved me and that they would be there to protect me.  Now that we are all grown and have families of our own, we have become such good friends and have unbreakable bonds.  We don’t have to see each other or talk all the time (because what brothers do that?!), but we just know that we have each other and when we get together it’s like we never missed a beat!  Big Brothers are awesome!

image

Which is why, it’s pretty awesome that…Ryder is going to be a Big Brother!!!  I think our newest addition is going to be one lucky little guy or girl to have him as their big brother.  As you can see he’s pretty excited!

004

And we are too!!  I was going to wait to announce this BIG NEWS to you all, but I am SO swamped at work that I can’t even take time off to get to the doctor for another 2 weeks, and there was no way I could keep it in that long.  So, SURPRISE, I’m a whopping 4 1/2 weeks pregnant!  :-)  I’m thinking I’ll be due around July 1st.  Please pray for a healthy baby and a smooth pregnancy!

16 comments:

sherry.rison said...

Congratulations Brandy, Alan and Ryder, I am so happy for you and now you and Nicki can go through this together and Ryder and Mikayla can practice being a big brother and a big sister!

Nicki said...

Wow - why did my Mom post before me? haha....I am SO happy for you guys and can't wait to see Ryder as a big brother! I am praying for a healthy baby and pregnancy for BOTH of us, haha. Can't wait to travel this journey together :)

The Baldwin Family said...

YAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAAY!!!!! I love a new crop of babies! SO happy for you guys! Ryder will make an amazing big brother.

Mandi said...

CONGRATS!!! I knew it wouldn't be long from our conversation the other week! lol :) I'm so happy for you, I'm praying for a healthy pregnancy for you!

Diana said...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy! Ryder is going to be such a good big brother!!!

The Steinhauser Family said...

I KNEWWWWW you couldn't wait LOL! I am SOOO excited for you guys and Ryder!!! He will be an awesome big brother :) Praying for you & the new baby always ♥

The Vathes Family said...

YAY I'm so excited for you guys - definitely praying for a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby!! AH I can't wait for all these new babies to come =)

The Gimmel Family said...

My computer wouldn't load this post fast enough!!! Congrats!! More babies to cuddle and spoil:)

Theresa said...

CONGRATS Brandy!!!! How exciting!!!! I'm sure Ryder will be a fantastic big brother!!!! I will keep you in my prayers for a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby!!!!!
Oh and Josh wanted me to tell you tell Alan Hello!!! When I said something to him, he knew exactly who I was talking about!!! Small world :-)
Again, CONGRATS!!!!

Jamie Claudia said...

WOOOHOOOO :) I'm so happy for you, Alan, and Ryder!! Ever since that dream I had of you being prego a few weeks ago, I knew it'd be sometime soon LOL I got my wish of having my preggo buddy!! I can't wait to meet the new addition, Congrats Again!!!! If you need anything, ya know I'm always here!!!! Love you <3

Emily W said...

Yeahhhhhhh!!! So excited for your family to be growing!! I know this is what you wanted and perfect timing now that Ryder is walking!! You will be in my prayers and please be more like Nicki with the pregnancy updates than me. Im such a slacker! Oh and I felt like I was reading my childhood about the two big brothers. You forgot the farting on you part after they body slammed you on the couch. Maybe cause its so Gross! Hope that wasnt just my mean brothers!! ha!

Kristen L said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! Can't wait.. i'm like a baby shower PRO now :) XOXO

Liz said...

Congrats!! So happy for you!! Now you and Nicki can get through this pregnancy together :) Can't wait to read updates!!

Caleb's mom said...

Congrats! I knew you would be next!

McNab Family said...

So excited for you guys!! Congratulations!

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

I'll add my excitment to this post too...
YAY!!!!! Congrats girl!!! So happy for you!!!