Sunday, April 4, 2010

He Is Risen!

Why do you look for the living among the dead?  He is not here; He has risen!”

Luke 24: 5-6

Can you imagine what today was like all those years ago?  For Jesus to have been crucified on the cross, and then find that three days later he is gone from the tomb!  He had told them of His death and resurrection, but then to see it actually happen…I can’t even imagine how that must have felt.  What a wonderful story of hope, faith, trust, and mainly LOVE!  What love God must have for us if He was willing to sacrifice his only Son to save us.  I’ve heard this story year after year, but this year, it sinks a little deeper into my heart.  I have now experienced the deep love of a parent to a child, so this ultimate sacrifice that He made for us has suddenly been put into a different perspective. 

Having the discussion with Alan about what it must have been like to live in that day to witness the death & resurrection of Jesus Christ, he assured me that I would have been running around, from town to town, spreading the news…cause, ya know, I like having news!  Ha!  So I’m here to tell you, in case you didn’t know, that He Is Risen!

Happy Easter!  I hope everyone has a wonderful day celebrating the fact that we serve a living God! :)

2 comments:

Emily W said...

You are Awesome Brandy...Its amazing to see your faith so strong! I hope you and your family have a blessed Easter today!

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

I agree with Emily. It is wonderful to be part of a group of Mother who are so strong in their faith and love for God. ; )