Tuesday, March 5, 2013

February…Where Did You Go?

Is February really over already??  And I only managed to get 3 posts in?  I’m a little disappointed in myself!  Time is just flying by so fast I can barely catch my breath.  So let’s see, what happened in February?

We had one really nice day with Spring-Like weather so we picked up our cousin Cameron and headed straight to the playground!

playground

Photo 20

Of course we celebrated Valentine’s Day and everything that went along with that!  Like Valentine themed lunch:

Photo 23

Goodies from Mommy & Daddy:

Photo 18

Photo 19

Photo 17

McDonalds gift cards from Grammy!

Photo 2

We did Valentine’s for all the kids in his Awana class & his class at school.  I don’t know how I managed to miss getting a picture of those cute little firetruck cookies Aunt B made for him to hand out.  Oh wait, probably because he was SO obsessive over them that I was like a psychiatrist trying to talk him through the fact that they would be FINE, they would NOT break on the bus, and that he needed to chill! (instead of being a picture taking Mommy). He woke up at midnight panicking because we forgot to make one for his School Bus driver!  Then the next morning he was not satisfied until the valentines were in individual baggies, wrapped inside a bigger baggie, wrapped inside a blanket, inside of his bookbag.  He STILL felt like I needed to tell the bus driver to “drive slow!”.

Insert cute picture of my little man on his big school bus…even if he is a little OCD, lets face it, the reason I get so frustrated is because it’s like looking in a mirror!  He is ME, YIKES!

Photo 1 

Ryder got to dress up as his favorite book character one day at school!  He chose…A shark!

Photo 12

If you recall, this was his Halloween costume when he was 1 year old…and it still fits him! 

 151

He had it hanging in his closet and insisted on wearing it, to my amazement it still fit (size 18 months)! So my next challenge was going on a hunt for a book about a shark.  Of course Dr. Seuss came through, my man!

We visited Ryder’s school for our first ever Parent/Teacher conference!  That was fun!

Photo 24

We played puppets while we waited for the teacher to finish another meeting.  I don’t even know if we’re mature enough to be attending Parent/Teacher conferences yet!

Photo 25

We had another meeting at Ryder’s school to discuss his eligibility for Therapy services through the school system.  I thought we were going in for a battle when I heard they were not going to recommend therapy, but we were happy with the outcome overall.  He won’t be getting Physical Therapy through the school but he will get Occupational Therapy once a week.

Photo 6

Any time we face big decisions or changes that affect Ryder in any way I instantly go into panic mode, worrying about the outcome and its effect on the rest of his life.  It’s been quite the journey with this little guy!  But things always work out then I snap back into day to day reality.  Which is…

Dress Up!

Photo 21

Ninja Turtles!

Photo 7

Jumping on the bed!

Photo 4

Being Cute!

Photo 3 

Photo 5  

Photo 26

And loving each other!!  That’s what we do best :)

Photo 8

So February flew by and March is going to be more of the same! We’ve already been to the Monster Truck Show, we’re celebrating an anniversary and SOMEONE is about to turn 4 years old!  Get ready for all that fun!

2 comments:

Caleb's mom said...

you are a great writer! and momma!

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

I agree with Elaine! Your words just 'flow' :) Beautiful momma inside and out! <3