Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What We’ve Been Up To

So much going on, so little time to upload pictures and blog!!  I hate going more than a few days without posting anything because then it’s hard to go back and catch up.  So I’ll have to use the pictures from my phone and camera to help me remember exactly what we’ve been up to!

Me & Ryder baked some 4th of July cupcakes and these kids tore them up…

002

008

Daddy went away for a Bachelor party last weekend so Ryder was the “Man of the House” as Alan tells him.  When it was time for bed that night Ryder told me since he was the Man of the House he got to sleep in Daddy’s bed!  Sounded good to me :)

7d3cd06ad7d211e1934a123138141956_7

The next night we went and had a sleepover with Carter & Callie since their Daddy was gone too.  It’s so funny seeing all 4 of them running around and playing together!

373ae1dad83e11e192a722000a1e8b14_7

We had a fun time celebrating Sophia’s 4th Birthday last saturday!  I didn’t get any pics of the Birthday girl, but here is Ryder hanging out in the pool:

3f273ba4d8ee11e1886622000a1cbad2_7

And Maisy enjoying the Birthday Cake!

c3691588d8f611e1b2fe1231380205bf_7

Daddy came back with presents…including a Hermit Crab for each of them.  Ryder named them Oso & Buffo…haha. 

039

Maisy didn’t care about anything but her Daddy being home!  That was a rough few days for her not being able to see him…because:

036

She’s all about her Daddy!

36f0a59eddce11e1ac5222000a1e9dcf_7

Ryder got to go for his 2nd little ride on Daddy’s motorcycle…another one just in our neighborhood but he absolutely loves it!

 a8c9de9ce02b11e1bef722000a1d03ae_7

And I absolutely love this picture of Maisy sleeping…ahhhh she’s just so precious.

39dbec7ed42211e18dc022000a1cdd2b_7

Except for lately, these teeth have been killing her!  So she has gone from precious…to this:

6d5322e6db6311e1a23c22000a1c9e05_7      

A hot mess!  Her first top one finally came through, I can’t believe she only has 3 teeth!  Here’s our little hillbilly:

051

Was that mean?  Me & Ryder have been calling her Hillbilly Deluxe with her one front tooth…she might get mad about that when she gets older and reads this.  Love you Maze! :)

This weekend we celebrated Callie’s 1st Birthday, can’t believe our babies are already ONE whole year old! 

493cdb76de8411e183e822000a1c05f4_7

Of course Ryder was front and center, he loves to serenade the Birthday person, PLUS he knows the closer you are to the cake, the sooner you get your piece!

042     

We met my Sister & Step-Dad for dinner and got to see my nephew Conner…getting SO big of course!!!  Love him! 

Ryder did something so amazing in therapy the other day:

2012-07-27_07-46-30_602

He has always had some pretty big fears…of swings, of being laid on his back or stomach, of being unstable…so Miss Abby getting him to lay on his stomach, in a sling swing hanging from the ceiling, and then alternate Righty & Lefty to pull himself up this zip line is nothing short of amazing!  So proud of our little guy :)

Speaking of that guy, I have a few funnies to end with.

On the way to therapy today out of the clear blue sky Ryder said “Mom, you’re not supposed to put the chocolate milk syrup in the fridge.”  Totally caught off guard I said “what do you mean, why do you say that?”  He said very adamantly “BECAUSE it says on the back DO NOT REFRIGERATE!”.  I checked when I got home, it really does say that!!  Do you keep your chocolate milk syrup in the fridge?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the weekends when I lay Ryder down for bed I always tell him “make sure you don’t wake up until the sun comes up”…that buys us until about 7am because as soon as he knows the sun is up he knows it’s okay to get out of bed!  The other morning he got up and met me in the kitchen where I was making coffee.  He asked “Is Daddy awake yet?” I told him he wasn’t and his response of course made me laugh “Well what’s an old man doing sleeping in the sunlight??!!”

4 comments:

The Vathes Family said...

Haha oh my gosh I always refridgerate my chocolate!!! Thanks for that info Ryder :) I don't know why I just always assumed it went in there after opening it. Good job to Ryder on his big accomplishment too. I really need to be more like ya'll in being so good about updating before I get SO behind. Ugh, I don't even know where to begin! lol

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

We keep ours in the Fridge too, LOL. Wow, I can't believe he did the zip line...thats awesome!!!!!!!! :) And Maisy looks so precious with her tooth, love all the pic's! The one of them in our living room dancing is super cute too haha.

Nicole said...

Love the pic of Maisy sleeping.... so sweet! That's so great what Ryder did in therapy - seems like he's got great therapists (and parents!) working with him :)

oh and yes- we keep our chocolate syrup in the fridge - how did he know it said that on the bottle?!?? lol

Caleb's mom said...

what a bunch of cuties! we also keep it in the fridge.