Tuesday, June 5, 2012

This Little Momma is Walking!!

My mom suggested I put shoes on Maisy because she thought it’d make her more stable so she’d walk better.  I rolled my eyes.  Vicki agreed with my Mom.  So I packed a pair of shoes for Nana’s today with a “I’m telling you guys she’s going to hate having shoes on her feet, everything online says to let babies learn to walk barefoot now, you’ll see” look on my face, and guess what…these Grandma’s actually know what they’re talking about!  We picked her up today, she had shoes on her feet, wasn’t screaming about it, and she was WALKING!  Imagine that!  (okay okay I’m sorry for rolling my eyes.)

Oh my goodness she is such a Daddy’s girl, can you tell?!?!  On top of being a Daddy’s girl, we realized today that she is a little Momma!  We got her baby doll out and she was being so nurturing!  Patting her, rocking her, kissing her…it brought tears to my eyes…all I kept saying was “awwwww she’s a Mommy!  Look babe, she wants to be a Mommy!”  Then I hear Daddy hugging her saying “you’re going to be a good big sister, yes you are…”  ummmm, wait, wait, wait, wait, I don’t know about all that!  ha.

4 comments:

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Me and Carter just watched and want to say YAY for Maisy! And she will be a good big sis.... that lets me know you are thinking about it ;) hahaa.

Jamie Claudia said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! She is too precious and growing up way too fast.. it seems like you just had her, it couldn't have been almost a year already?!

Caleb's mom said...

yay! shes adorable! Why was the house so quiet? where is Ryder? ha ha. cute smart & kids!

The Vathes Family said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet is she!!! I love how nurturing she was to her baby doll, that was just too cute!!! And YAYYYY for Maisy walking!!!!!!!!!!! Maddy did awesome when we put her in stride rites. They form to their feet and it helped her with her balance and everything. Definitely recommend those for the beginning!