Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Letter To My Daughter On Her First Birthday

Maisy ~

It’s hard to believe that it has been an entire year since you were born.  I remember that day like it was yesterday because it feels like it just happened!  Having a planned c-section takes a lot of the excitement out of the whole labor process since you know exactly what day & time your baby will be born.  Everything goes exactly as planned until the second they pull the baby out.  At that second, things get exciting!  You gave me the joy of experiencing that very second for the 2nd time and those are 2 seconds, out of my whole entire life, that I cherish more than anything.  When you were born all I had to do was look at you and hear your little cry to know that we were both in love, all over again, with our second child and I couldn’t WAIT to get to know you.  If there is something that I wish you could see more than anything, it would be the look on your Daddy’s face the second you were born.

Thinking back to the day you were born really puts into perspective how much time has gone by.  You are now walking and clapping and smiling and laughing and learning.  Oh how I love to hear you laugh and watch you learn.  You have brought so much sweetness into our lives.  The way you cuddle against us when we hold you and your eyes light up when one of us walk into a room are things that make your Mommy & Daddy’s heart melt.  You definitely have that power over us to melt us with just the smallest thing you do. 

You have quite the spunky side that balances out all of your sweetness!  You don’t put up with a lot of crap from your brother and put up a good fight when you’re not getting your way.  Not much slows you down, you have always been in a hurry to get moving and nothing in the way stops you.  You love nothing more than to be thrown around by Daddy, always coming back for more!

I love the bond between you and your brother.  Even though you guys both pick on each other it’s so obvious how much you love each other.  I can’t wait to watch you guys grow up together.  I hope that you each realize how important it is to have each other and that you will stick together through thick and thin.

My baby girl, I can’t believe you are turning one.  As you grow into a little lady I hope that you stay happy.  I hope that you love Jesus.  And I hope that we keep the special Mommy/Daughter relationship that we’ve formed over the past year. 

I love you baby and Happy First Birthday!!

~ Mommy

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday sweet Maisy! We've enjoyed watching you grow so much in this last year side by side with Jax. Hope you have an extra special day :)

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Happy Birthday Maisy! XOXO