Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Doctor Daddy

Somehow I don’t think I mentioned that Ryder got his cast put back on Friday!  After a 2 week break we decided to move forward with one more round to reinforce the new skills he gained.

 casting1 casting2

He did so well getting the cast back on and immediately went right back to using lefty.  He shocked us by being able to turn the reel on the fishing pole with his left hand!

This morning Abby emailed me to check on Ryder and I expressed some concerns I was having about how much he has been complaining about the itchiness inside his cast.  This cast was waterproof and the new material was much tighter to his arm, so I couldn’t see down in his cast to check on his arm, nor could I slide anything down in there to take care of his itches.  After reading my email she called and said she wanted it to come off immediately.  His arm had broken out pretty bad from the last cast and since we re-casted so soon she didn’t want to leave it in the cast if it was already getting irritated.  She asked me to bring him up there as soon as I could, but when I called Daddy he told me there was no reason to drive that far when he could take it off. 

LOL yeah I had the same reaction…huh???

But I trusted my husband and to Doctor Daddy’s office we went. 

389

He Prepped

395

And Snipped

 401

And Tugged

403

And Pulled

408

(Little Sister was there for support)

419 418

And within 5 minutes, the cast was off! 

It was definitely a good decision because his arm is pretty irritated.  He made me sit there and scratch it for 5 minutes before we could even go wash it.  At one point he told me “Don’t Ever Stop Scratching!!!”  Poor thing, I’m sure it’s been bothering him so bad.  But it’s off now and he’s a happy guy to have both hands back.  We’ll see what happens from here…

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Aw, good job Alan :).

PS - looove Maisy's booty shorts :)

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

I TOLD YOU :) Hahahaha. And look at Maisy standing there like a big girl! Glad Ryder can scratch....I bet that felt SO good!