Monday, January 2, 2012

What’s New?!

So now that I’ve recapped our last year, let’s talk about what’s new!  Besides the year :)
 
Maisy is up to new things ALL the time these days, so I’ll start with her:
 
She wants to get moving so bad.  She has been getting up on her hands and knees, rocking back and forth, and inching her way forward.  I feel like any day it’s going to click and she’s going to get those arms and legs moving in sync, and off she’ll go!
 
 
She got her very first pony tail!  Ryder thought it was so adorable that he just kept kissing her cheeks!
 
038
 
029 
 
043

She has been eyeing and clawing at our food so bad lately, I feel bad because she has no teeth and really isn’t ready for big people food.  But, I set big brother’s food on his tray the other day, went back to the kitchen to make my plate and this little scavenger made her way over to his tray, knocked his plate off, and helped herself to his toast as Ryder yelled “Momma, Maisy took my food!”  I let her chew it for a while (hence the fact she’s still eating it while I’m snapping pictures) since she worked so hard to get it…

045

048

Since obviously this girl is wanting some food that is not mush, I went to the store and bought her some teething biscuits.  She has really enjoyed gnawing on those and drinking juice out of a sippy cup.  She wants to grow up so fast!

068

Ryder is always on the move these days so its hard for me to get him to stop so I can snap a picture!  But some new things in his life are that he has been in underwear every day this weekend since we’ve spent it at home.  He has had a few accidents but is working really hard to keep them dry. 

I noticed the other day that he has FOUR molars coming in!  Maybe this is contributing to his grumpiness!

He also has a new mode of transportation…skiing!  He carries these golf clubs with him everywhere and says he’s skiing.  This child has no problem entertaining himself (and us!).

055 056

Ryder & Maisy took their first bath together.  This is something I’ve always looked forward to as a Mommy of 2!  They had so much fun splashing, and Ryder made up a “Daisy Maisy do-do-do” song that had them both cracking up.

bath1

bath2

Guess who’s feeling better…

bentley&maisy

Bentley!!  This really is a miracle, they thought for sure we were going to lose him and have been checking his blood levels every Wednesday to see if it’s getting worse.  Each week his levels have gone down, but at this past appointment he surprised everyone because his level jumped from a 20 to a 34…47 is normal, but he’s acting and looking so much better that I’m sure he’s going to keep feeling better and his levels will keep coming up. :)  Good thing because he sure is Maisy’s best buddy.  Every picture I take of her, he’s close by in the background.

037

Happy New Year!!  I’m sure this is just the beginning of a million new things this year has in store for us! 

4 comments:

Nicole said...

She looks adorable in that pony tail! And I'm with you - I looked so forward to double bath time :). Mikayla actually enjoys bath time when she can get in with Jax!

The Vathes Family said...

Oh my goodness, I love her pony tail!!! So glad Bently is doing better.

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

She is about to take off and crawl, ahh!!!!!!! She is SO close Brandy! I can't wait :) and I love her pony tail....adorable! Hope Ryder's molars come through with out causing him too much pain too!

Caleb's mom said...

She's adorable! SO glad Bentley is doing better!