Wednesday, January 25, 2012

7 Months!

388

How in the world is my baby girl already over half way to a year old?!  This month I’ve probably seen the most change in her of any because she’s mobile and so very playful now.  Here’s what she’s up to at 7 months:

  • She eats 6 ounce bottles about every 4 hours with Stage 3 baby food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
  • She wears mostly size 6-9 month clothes, and she’s in a size 3 diaper.
  • She goes to bed at 7pm and usually wakes up between 5-6am.  When she wakes up she crawls around her crib talking to all her crib friends, which I love to listen to over the monitor.  When I go into get her I’m greeted with the sweetest sleepy face grin and a little "dada” whisper.  She’ll get it one day!
  • She says DA-DA all day long!  Everything is da-da-da-da.  The cutest thing now is that when I say “Maisy where’s Dada??” she’ll start whispering “Dada dada” and looking around for him.  Once she spots him she smiles so big and reaches out for him like she really gets now that he’s Dada.
  • She has been quite the explorer now that she’s army crawling everywhere.  She’ll spot something from across the room and head straight for it.  She’ll even venture down the hall into rooms just to check everything out.
  • In the past few days she has started to pull up onto her knees when she crawls over to something.  She has shown to be very fearless this month, not letting anything stop her or hold her back (scary for Mommy, this is not something I’m used to at ALL!).
  • I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned this before but she loves to watch TV!!  Ryder didn’t care for TV until he was 2 years old, so this is another thing I’m not used to.  I started playing the Praise Baby dvd’s that I used to play for Ryder and she really loves them.
  • Her female dramatic side has come out this month!  So has the sibling rivalry!  I think these two things go hand in hand.  She is on a constant mission to touch her big brothers stuff, which of course he pulls away from her, which causes her to scan the room first to make sure someone just saw that, okay good Mommy was watching, cue baby sister scream now!!  
  • As if the word “NO” didn’t come out of my mouth enough already with just big brother, it has now multiplied.  She is always trying to get into something.  Changing her diaper is a constant NO fest because she wants to grab everything around her.  It’s so funny when you tell her No, the face she gives you is like…oh NO you did not just tell me NO.
  • As bold and outgoing and spunky as she is at home, when we go out in public she is very bashful.  Again something that makes her so opposite of her brother.  When people say hi to her, she smiles so big but buries her head into my shoulder, then peeks back to make sure they’re still giving her attention.  Because even though she’s acting bashful, she LOVES attention. 
  • She’s such a happy baby, her smile and laugh are so contagious.  She brings great joy to our family and each month as she grows into her personality we all fall more and more in love.
    385

Here’s a little video of her crawling and pulling herself up:

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I can't get over her crawl and pulling up!! She's doing so great and getting so big! :)

The Vathes Family said...

It's so funny to me reading your monthlys and it brings back memories of when Maddy was at that stage. That's one great thing about having these blogs, you can vicariously live through others when your babies are growing up :)
You just wait, the dramatic side is going to get better ;) hehe
Happy 7 months Maisy!!

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

Maisy just continues to amaze me! She is mastering every skill with ease and SO quickly! :) Happy 7 months baby girl! xo

Jamie Claudia said...

She gets cuter and cuter with every post!! I can't believe she is 7months already!!! Time sure does fly when you're having fun :)