Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kids & Friends

Some random info & pictures of the kids I haven’t posted yet:

Taking pictures of Maisy in her bath the other day, my flash washed this picture out, but look at these blue eyes:

006

Maisy has really been loving her activity mat now that she is grabbing at her toys:

006

 010

She also likes sitting in her Bumbo seat (whenever big brother gets out of it to actually give her a turn).

026

Ryder has started working on kicking a ball with his left leg in therapy, it’s pretty difficult for him to do right now, but it’s only a matter of time before he’ll master this too.  Miss Stacey has officially made her blog debut now :) 

080

Ryder is doing great with this new therapist, she works him hard and always gives me good ideas to work on at home with him.

077 

I wanted to post a few things about some of our friends too:

We went to a vineyard on Sunday to see the place where our friends will be getting married at next year.  Congrats to Justin & Jenn, we’re SO excited for the wedding!

073

A HUGE congrats to DIANA too who just got engaged over the weekend!!!!  Sooooo exciting :)  Another wedding next year to look forward to!

I haven’t said anything about the tragedy/blessing that affected the Matteson family last week, but it hasn’t left my mind since that horrible phone call last Monday that Matteson had been hit by a car on his motorcycle.  Thank God he is alive and okay, this truly is a miracle, but he has a long road to recovery ahead of him.  If you can, please keep Nicki, Matteson, Mikayla, & Jax in your prayers.  I know they are all rejoicing in the fact that he is still here with them, but it can’t be easy seeing your husband/daddy in pain and have to go through surgery’s and rehabilitation.  I’m sure they can’t wait to get him home and all be together again!

themattesons

Another family that is so special to us that really needs prayer right now is the Darago’s.  James was diagnosed with cancer only a few months ago and is really fighting a hard battle.  It breaks my heart to see them going through this, they have 4 young children and are such good people.  You can read his story here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamesdarago .

Daragos

Okay I know this post was alllll over the place, but most of the time so is my brain!  :)

3 comments:

Patty B said...

Love those baby blues and LOVE the picture of her in her Bumbo!

The Vathes Family said...

Wow I had no idea James was going through all that. I knew about the stomach surgery but I thought it wasn't cancerous. That's so awful, he and the family will definitely be in our prayers!!

Unknown said...

Love Maisy with her bath Mohawk! This post was so thoughtful of you and I know both of these families are thankful for your friendship and that you understand the value of prayer as they are in need very much of it! I have been praying for Nicki's little family and is that Erica Bates? Obviously married and with 4 children but I will definitely pray for her husband and family. I can't even imagine....life can get knocked off course quick and I will pray for this ew road these two families are on and that they know GOD can provide all things especially miracles!