Friday, September 9, 2011

Crazy Weather!

Within the past 3 weeks we have experienced an Earthquake, a Hurricane, a Tornado, and now some horrible flooding from a Tropical Storm!  I don’t know what is going on with the weather but I think everyone is over all of this craziness now.  I know I am anyway!

Last night I got a call from my mom around 10pm saying that she was trying to get home from work but was completely stopped behind a line of cars, the rain was pouring down, the water was getting higher and higher, we were both kind of panicking.  Eventually the water started to come into her car so we called the police but all they would say is that they were doing their best to rescue everyone who was stranded.  The rain finally let up around midnight and by 2am she was finally able to drive her car out of there and get the rest of the way home.  Poor Yaya, I know that was so scary for her!

At one point, Alan decided to leave to go try to rescue her himself.  That idea got put to rest as soon as he tried to leave our neighborhood and realized that the only 3 possibilities were all either flooded or closed off! 

This morning we woke up to find out that our area has a lot of damage from the flooding.  We have bridges and roads that have completely washed away!IMG958792

Right now, my biggest question is…how will we ever get to Nana’s???  This is the road I always take to get there:

912

913

The dam washed away and the road came crashing down…it is completely gone!  There’s only one other way to get there:

927

 934

And that road is crashing down too…giving us our very own waterfall!  Everyone in the neighborhood has been gathering all day to see all the damage (and I thought the Walmart opening was a big deal! Psh.)

Ryder knows how to make the best out of any situation.  In Ryder’s life FLOODING = MORE MUD PUDDLES TO PLAY IN!!

943

948

We got about 14 inches of rain already and I hear we’re supposed to get another down pour this evening!  Crazy weather…

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are incredible! So glad you guys and your Mom are ok ... hope they get things fixed soon, but that's a lot of work on the roads!!!

Patty B said...

Oh my goodness those pictures are crazy! Your poor Mom! I would have been FREAKING.

Anonymous said...

You guys plz be careful with the WATER... we should be boiling any water we use for consuming...just to be on the safe side... (I worry about Maisy's formula) eeek... don't want anyone gettin SICK. And by all means a bath after playing in the waters standing outside... Prayers are with all, I'm sure I sat here on the edge of my chair listening to the urgency of the rescue ATTEMPTS of that of your mom and the rest of those who were out IN the mess...it was QUITE scary! I'm sure there will be alot of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with this kind of devastation. Please check your home for attic damage...rule of thumb... any water from the sky down is covered... any water from the ground UP/IN is not. But check for roof leaks...get it taken care of now before you end up with Black Mold...(ahem ugh)! *HUGS* plz kiss the kids whole faces for Aunt B~! Love all of you!

Emily W said...

That is insane!! All of these natural disasters are crazy. There have been too many back to back and it is getting uncomfortable. Makes you realize your blessings and how we take for granted ROADS! I hope you can find a way to Nanas or meet in the middle for camping near your new waterfall!

The Vathes Family said...

Oh my gosh your poor mom, thank goodness she's okay!! I can't even believe how much damage this storm caused, and they thought Irene was bad. I too am over this crazy weather!!!