Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ryder’s 2nd Birthday!

I deserve a free pass, right?  Okay I need to use it because I have not been on top of my blogging game with this Birthday.  I’m so disappointed in myself :(

With that said, Ryder’s birthday festivities started on Thursday night when we met my family for dinner to celebrate his 2nd birthday & Sydney’s 12th Birthday!  I brought my camera, but forgot my memory card at home!  So absolutely no pictures of that, but Ryder got lots of fun presents from the fam, including this guitar from Yaya:

006

She asked him a few weeks ago what he wanted for his birthday and he said a black guitar!  She couldn’t believe he asked for something so specific, but of course she was on a mission to find him a black guitar.  The funny thing is that Daddy’s favorite song right now is called Country Boy, so of course this is Ryder’s favorite song too and he always asks to watch the video on YouTube, and now he has a guitar just like Aaron Lewis!

007 011

Ryder’s birthday party was today and we had such a great turnout!  The weather was beautiful and so many people came out to his Harley party to celebrate with us!  Thanks to everyone for coming and for all the AWESOME presents Ryder got!  He’s a very lucky guy.  Here are some pictures from our day:

013

 014017

015

  019051

023 026

034

046 

 058

053  059

 cake

Not long after the party started, Ryder fell off the golf cart and scraped his nose, lip, and forehead.  He handled it better than I did, of course, I just felt so bad that he got hurt on his Birthday.  So he wasn’t really himself for a while afterward, but he pulled it together and enjoyed cake, presents, and the pinata with his friends!  The rest of the afternoon into the evening was spent playing and enjoying the beautiful weather.  We couldn’t have asked for a nicer day and are so thankful for all the special people we got to celebrate with. 

I can’t wait for him to wake up tomorrow so we can play with all his new toys!  (That is if I can get out of bed, I definitely think I over did it today and am not sure I’ll even be able to walk tomorrow!)

5 comments:

Nicki said...

The party was so much fun, we're so glad we could be there! Hope you guys have fun today with all those new toys....tell Alan his next home improvement project might be adding on a toy room! haha :)

Diana said...

We had such a good time at the party!!! Thanks for having us :) I hope Ryder is feeling better from that boo-boo :(

The Steinhauser Family said...

We had so much fun at the party! So glad we were able to be there and celebrate with you all :)

Princess Alexa's Mommy said...

Sorry, we missed it, but looks like you all had alot of fun. And I LOVE his cake, it's really cute!

Emily W said...

Did you make that cake? It looks so neat, great job! I am sorry he got hurt on his birthday :( but everything else looked like he had a very special day for the very special 2 year old boy that he is!!