Friday, March 11, 2011

24 Weeks!

Moving right along :)  Here is what Alpha Mom says about this week:

Your Baby:

  • Is just about a foot long now. I believe it is a tradition to consume a foot-long sub sandwich or hot dog in your baby’s honor at this point. I also believe I just made that up.
  • Is still very skinny looking, with translucent skin, but this will all start changing soon.
  • Is officially at the edge of viability, and most hospitals would automatically attempt every possible life-saving option if your baby were to be born now.

You:

  • Will undergo the glucose screening test at some point between now and 30 weeks to check for gestational diabetes. It’s done at a routine prenatal visit and involves chugging down an incredibly sickly-sweet beverage. Then you wait an hour and give a blood sample. 
  • Are probably noticing more aches and pains as we come to the final couple weeks of the second trimester, particularly in your lower back, hips and other joints.
  • Sciatica! Eeeeeeeeeee! Stopit!

I can’t believe I’m carrying around a foot long child inside of me!  Well actually, when I look at the size of my stomach I can believe it.  My stomach still feels really heavy and tight, I can’t remember if it felt like this with Ryder or not, but looking back at pictures I’m still carrying pretty much the same as I did with him. 

I finally stopped procrastinating and got the bloodwork done to check for the blood clotting disorder and Diabetes again.  I should know something by my next appointments on Wednesday. 

Maisy has become quite the active baby!  I love feeling her move all throughout the day and in the evenings.  She’s to the point now where I can randomly push on her and she’ll kick me back.  I’m not having too many aches and pains, I think sleeping with the Wedge that Jamie bought me has saved me, for now atleast!

Here we are at 24 weeks…and just for fun, the one next to it is of me with Ryder at 24 weeks:

24 weeks (4) 25 Weeks

7 comments:

Nicki said...

You look almost identical to your picture with Ryder! Happy 24 weeks, you're only 3 weeks from the 3rd tri!! woo hoo!! :)

The Steinhauser Family said...

I agree with Nicki, you look the same! Its def an old wives tale that you carry differently...you and Nicki have proven that - you both look the same to me! Happy 24 weeks!! :)

Diana said...

THANK YOU for finally getting that blood work done :) Your belly looks the same as when you were carrying with Ryder, I agree!

Kristen said...

You're so tiny with only a belly, it's so cute! Girl, I hope I look like you when I get prego; not like that's anytime soon. I need to hook my man first.. My baits in the water, he just hasn't realized he's hungry yet. ;)

Emily W said...

Kristens comment is so funny! You do look so adorable Brandy. Keep up all the hard work making that sweet baby girl!

The Vathes Family said...

Praying for good results from that blood work!!

Princess Alexa's Mommy said...

OMG - your picture look identical! Too cute! :)