Friday, November 19, 2010

8 Weeks!

Another milestone today…I’m 8 weeks pregnant!  Here’s what’s going on this week:

Your baby:

  • Is about the size of a gummy bear or kidney bean, and dear LORD I promise to be done with the bean comparisons soon, because it is all entirely too precious.
  • Is extremely jointy, with fingers and toes and elbows and knees that s/he can bend and wiggle.
  • Almost doesn’t have a tail anymore.

You:

  • Are possibly a walking ball of first-trimester misery, if I may project myself on you for a bit.
  • *BARF*
  • OMG I HAVE TO PEE I JUST PEED OMG I HAVE TO PEE AGAIN
  • May be having trouble sleeping at night, despite being exhausted.

 

Yes, the first trimester misery is in full swing!  I am bloated and fat and tired and nauseous and moody.  But I’m trying to ignore all of those symptoms and make the best of each day because I still have a very important job to fulfill…there is a man and a little boy that need me to still be available as their Mommy & Wife.  It’s kind of good though because sometimes I get so side tracked that I don’t notice the symptoms or even remember that I’m pregnant, instead of dwelling on every single ache or pain like the first time around.  It felt really good to see the heartbeat on the sonogram so I went ahead and told my work about the pregnancy.  And, we traded in my car on a full-sized SUV so we’ll have plenty of room for another car seat…and stroller…and everything else that comes along with having 2 kids. 

Don’t ask me why a gummy bear needs THIS much room already, but apparently Ryder thinks its funny!:

007

5 comments:

Jamie Claudia said...

YAY 8 weeks already && You look gorgeous!!! I love the expression on Ryders face in that picture too LOL!! Congrats on the new SUV.. I can't wait to see it!!

Diana said...

8 weeks already? I looooveee your bump, sooo adorable!!!

Nicki said...

Aw, I love this picture...he looks so sweet looking at you like that! :) Happy 8 weeks!!

Emily W said...

That picture is so sweet....absolutely priceless!

The Vathes Family said...

I can't imagine how it is being prego and also being a wife and taking care of a child - you're doing great though I'm sure! I hope you get some relief soon of the first trimester misery =(