Friday, November 12, 2010

7 Weeks!

Here’s what’s going on this week:

Your baby:

  • Still with the growing. Always with the growing. Your baby starts off this week at four or five millimeters long, but is a whopping half an inch by the end.
  • Has a two-chambered heart, air passages in the lungs, and cerebral hemispheres in the braaaaaains.
  • Has an appendix, which is kind of cool until you remember that the appendix is almost completely useless. But it’s there now! Awww.

You:

  • Might be feeling a little urpy and gaggy and pukey.
  • Are incredibly sensitive to smells.
  • Like, seriously. Who burned an English muffin in the employee break room this morning? WHO? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE? I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, YOU MUFFIN-BURNING IDIOT!

I definitely feel pregnant this week!  The nausea has set in, and that’s just no fun.  You wake up feeling sick because your stomach is empty, and throughout the day the nauseous feeling comes and goes.  The best way I am able to keep the nausea to a minimum is to always have food in my stomach or on standby for when I start feeling sick.  Luckily, with Ryder I never threw up, and I don’t feel like I’m going to with this one either.  Thank goodness!  I’m not getting dizzy or light-headed anymore, so that’s great!  Other than that, my symptoms are heartburn and exhaustion.  Like I said, I definitely feel pregnant this week.

Alpha Mom said something else on her blog about this week that made me laugh because it is SO me! 

“You may feel more pregnant than you actually look (even though your uterus has doubled in size), and without that nice round belly you might not be getting a ton of “everything is okay” reassurance from your symptoms.
(Of course, as I have learned, all bets are off for a second pregnancy, as my previously stretched-out joey-pouch belly has rejoiced at the chance to totally fulfill its poochy destiny once more.)”

So…here you go…my left-over-Ryder-shouldn’t-be-this-big-but-can’t-suck-it-in 7 week belly!

2139

10 comments:

Mandi said...

YAH! finally a picture :)

Diana said...

YAY :) You're one pretty momma!

Nicki said...

Woo Hoo for the belly pic!! Every week girl, come on we can do it!! :-)

Hope your nausea keeps at a minimum with NO throwing up!!

The Steinhauser Family said...

Awww belly pic's are the best! :) Can't wait for tomorrow's appt!!!

Emily W said...

You look so beautiful!

The Vathes Family said...

Ugh nausea is the worst! I hope it doesn't last too long! Love the belly pics.. keep em comin ;-)

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Awe! I love belly pics. I cannot wait to post belly pics again one day. :)

Kristen L. said...

Brandy.. you look so cute!!! :)

Theresa said...

I was pretty lucky when I was pregnant all 3 times, LOL!!! I only had nausea and it was all day nausea, never got sick and it only lasted for like a couple weeks!!!
Brandy you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Our bodies will never ever be the same after having babies. I've been trying to get "my body before babies" back and it's not happening!!! My chest is way smaller and my stomach isn't flat and smooth like it used to be (Thank goodness for padded bras and clothes that hide the pouch, LOL) I hope your nausea is over quickly!!!!!

Jamie Claudia said...

Awww!! I LOVE the belly picture!! I'm glad you finally decided to post one, and you look GREAT!! I only hope I look that great when (and if one day) Im on baby#2!! So glad you're not getting any more dizziness and that you're fortunate not to actually get sick either!! Love you <3