Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Day Away From the Baby

Saturday morning Alan & I decided to go shopping at the outlets across the Bay Bridge.  We dropped Ryder off with Nana and headed out.  We got to the outlets and spent too much time there spending WAY too much money…but boy did it feel good!  We haven’t been shopping in a long time, so we definitely splurged.  I have felt pretty spoiled since Ryder was born because we haven’t had to spend a single dollar on clothes (or diapers & wipes) thanks to everything I got at the baby shower and hand-me-downs.  But the time has come where we’re in a different season and he’s moving up to new sizes, so it was fun getting to go pick up outfits for him.  Here is some of his new winter collection:

IMG_1017

Shopping for him was the easy part, shopping for us is what took so long.  But we got some good stuff, stopped and got dinner, then headed to our next stop.  Ryder switched locations too, he came back home and Yaya was there so she could do his nightly routine with him, you know how I am about that schedule!

So, our next stop was to my BFF Kristen’s house for her Birthday party!  Her Birthday is actually on Halloween, but I guess she wanted to start the festivities early this year.  All of our close friends were there and it was nice to get to hang out with everyone and catch up.

Me & the Birthday Girl (she loves me, can you tell?!)IMG_0993

Lindsay’s cute little baby bumpIMG_0994

  These are my besties, I love these girls!IMG_0998

So that was our day away from the baby.  It was fun, but he was asleep by the time we got home, so in the morning I couldn’t wait to get my arms around him and tell him how much I missed him. 

Sometimes I wish I could just put him in this backpack and take him with me everywhere I go!

6months 225

2 comments:

The Steinhauser Family said...

aww you guys got some CUTE clothes for him!!! he is gonna look so handsome in them!! i like the picture of all of us together too, its cute :)

The Vathes Family said...

Love the lock up your daughters one, adorable! LOL Great pics of the girls too, i'll have to get a copy =)