Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Letter to My Son on His 5th Birthday

Ryder ~

Oh my sweet baby boy, I can’t believe you are FIVE years old.  It really feels like I just had you yesterday, yet I can’t remember what life was ever like without you.  Your life seems like it has gone by in a flash, yet you have been through so much already!  It’s so hard for me to wrap my brain around all of it, but you’ll understand the feelings Mommy is having one day when you grow up and have children of your own!

I’ve always told you how brave and strong you are, but this month you have taken that to a whole other level.  Daddy & I have watched you put on your toughest face and work so hard these past few weeks, we couldn’t be more proud.  It’s hard for us to put you through things that we know aren’t easy or fun, because believe me we want nothing more than to see you happy!  I truly feel that God chose us to be your parents because he knew that we would fight for you, we would push you to be the best you can be, and we would love you no matter what, and that’s what we’re doing.  I hope that one day it all makes sense to you and you understand our reasoning for some of the decisions we’ve had to make.  Just know that we trust God, and we believe in you! 

You have so much to offer this world, I pray that you really do something to make a difference.  You have so many big ideas for such a little person, I can’t wait to watch and see what you are able to do in life.  But for now, I just want your life to be easy.  I want you to keep laughing, being silly, bringing joy to those around you, loving Jesus with all your heart, soul, and mind, all while knowing that Mommy, Daddy, and Maisy love you more than life and are on your side no matter what!

I love you baby, Happy 5th Birthday, you make me so proud!

~ Mommy

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Sniff, Sniff..... beautiful post Mommy! Happy Birthday Ryder! You're such a source of encouragement and inspriration for everyone around you - you have so many people who love you and cheer you on every single day!! Keep being that rock start that we all know you are! :)