Saturday, March 1, 2014

2 & 4

I can barely believe I have kids that are 2 & 4 years old!  Sometimes Alan & I will look at each other and be like “how and when did this happen??”  In a blink they are going to be 3 & 5 so before that happens I figured I’d better take the time to blog about what life is like for these 2 & 4 year olds!

DSC_7868

Maisy Liza – She’s so hard to describe because she’s just all over the place.  She can be the sweetest girl, then the sassiest, then the craziest, then the calmest, it just all depends on her 2 year old mood.  She has a full vocabulary now and can carry on a conversation with the best of us.  She loves girly stuff like princesses and baby dolls, has all the female dramatics and gets her feelings hurt, but then watches her favorite show Ninjago with her brother and they practice their Ninja moves together.  One thing that never changes is her love for Daddy.  She is still obsessed with him and makes him feel like the most special person in the world.  Their bond will always melt me.  Girlfriend was sooooo easy on me when it came to potty training, she just got it and has been in underwear during the day for months now.  She wears a pull up at nap time and bed time because she does NOT get that part, she always wakes up wet!  She’s so strong and coordinated.  We call her our little monkey because she’s always climbing up and down Ryder’s bunk bed ladders, she climbs on the sink to turn the water on to brush her teeth too.  She wants to be independent and do everything herself, she even begs us to let her go to school already.  I can’t believe she still has to wait 2 years for pre-k!  She loves to sing, her favorites range from Jesus Loves Me to Kid Rock!  She goes crazy over her ipad and uses it like a pro.  She also loves to draw, play with stickers, and play catch.  She’s so fun, so funny, so cute, so sweet, so precious, she’s just everything we could ever imagine a baby girl would be.  And she’s barely a baby.

DSC_7884

Ryder Joseph – Weeks from now this 4 year old will be a 5 year old and that just sounds so much older! I know I can’t keep him little forever though, so I’m trying to embrace it while I can.  Ryder is doing great in school, he still gets so excited to go every morning and has lots to tell me at the end of each day.  His least favorite thing is computer lab and his most favorite part is work stations in his classroom.  He got the Principal’s Award for the month of January so we were proud of him for that.  He has a new obsession with all things Power Ranger.  He can talk for hours about the different rangers and the zords and … okay I don’t even know the rest of the language so I’ll stop there.  He has been recording himself doing toy reviews on his ipad and asked me to make him a YouTube channel so that he can upload his reviews, 4 going on 40.  I’m actually considering it though, haha.  He has great ideas, this child is always thinking of new ways to do things.  He told me recently that he’s going to invent an automatic shower, like a car wash for your body.  He has a coffee shop completely planned out that he’s going to build when he gets older, the best part, all Moms get free coffee!!!  And he has a plan to build a tunnel under ground that leads to countries where people don’t have the freedom to go to Church, the tunnel is going to lead them straight to our Church.  I tell him that people might think his ideas are impossible but that he always needs to remember that with God ALL things are possible!  I’m trying to work on some character building with him these days, he has a tendency to think that things should always go his way, he should be first, best, fastest, and life should just be easy.  Obviously those things aren’t true so we’re struggling a bit getting through this phase, but we’ll keep pushing through.  We have the deepest spiritual conversations that always leave me in awe of his love and understanding of Jesus!  He’s a special boy, that’s for sure.

Some Maisy Funnies:

In the car one day Maisy declared “Look there’s an American Flag!  That’s what I want to be when I grow up!”

At the movies, Maisy was enjoying some movie theater snacks and said out loud, very loud, not whispering like we discussed the whole way to the movies “Yummmmm these are good for my belly, and my BUTT, and my HOO-HAA!!!” (oh yeah I forgot to mention above that she loves to talk about gross things, like feet and boogers and butts!  Guess that comes with the territory of having an older brother!)

Some Ryder Funnies:

We took him out to eat at Cracker Barrel one day after a doctors appointment, I guess he’s used to our quick stops at fast food restaurants because 5 minutes into the wait for our food he said “This is taking forever.  When I grow up, I’m going to make a restaurant and it’s going to be called FAST FOOD!”

One day in conversation I made a comment about not having very much patience.  He quickly came back and told me “good thing you aren’t a Doctor, because they have a LOT of patients!”

The 2 & 4 year old together:

They have surely turned a page in their sibling relationship.  We went through a time where I was convinced they hated each other, the fighting was just out of control.  They still fight, but they love harder!  They’ve learned to make up and move on because they actually enjoy each others company and like having each other to play with.  They’re getting to the point now where they’re inseparable, even sleeping together at night.  At first it was so cute to me that they would want to have a sleepover with each other, which would barely last 10 minutes before they got in a fight and one would leave.  But one random night they actually stayed in the bed all night, and from that point on every night they ask “are you sleeping with me?” They have become the sweetest best friends, I love watching them bond and grow together. 

Since Ryder is going to be in Baltimore for his actual Birthday, I think we’re going to hold off for a few weeks and do a combined Birthday party for him & Maisy to celebrate the 3 & 5 year olds!  Stay Tuned!

4 comments:

Patty B said...

I love you guys!! Such a good summary post of your beautiful babies! Luke also hates computer lab and loves Power Rangers :)

Unknown said...

I love everything about this post. Hearing about those sweet kids, the realness and your mothering heart that goes along with it. I know I need to post more like this instead of the day to day what we do stuff.

Caleb's mom said...

I always love reading your blog! You are a wonderful mother and they are amazing kids for sure! I vote Ryder for president. and thanks for the laughs. i feel so happy now.

Niecy said...

wow. I can't believe how much the kids have grown! I got a new IPad for Xmas and just recently started using it. I decided to find your blog. I am in awe on what a beautiful family you have and what a beautiful loving mother you are! I will definitely keep the success of Ryder's therapy in my prayers! I can't wait to see you guys again! It has been too long. Ryder will be getting some mail from me for sure. Love you guys. Lots of hugs and kisses to all of you! Aunt Niecy xxxxoooo