Sunday, September 9, 2012

Company Picnic

If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I ever saw Alan attending a company picnic, I might have laughed!  Awkward social events are not really his “thing”.  But his company has been so good to him and he has met some really good people, so this year when we got the invitation to their annual company picnic I was so excited that he agreed to go.  Social Events = Totally my thing!  And…definitely Ryder’s thing.  He woke up Saturday morning, ran into our room and said “Is it the BFPE Company Picnic day??”  I’m telling you, he doesn’t forget a thing.  It was a pretty far drive considering the headquarters is in Baltimore, so we dropped Maisy off to spend the day with Paw-Paw (she’s never been a fan of long car rides!) and headed on our road trip.  Minus Alan trying to convince me of all the cool places we could go on the way, instead of the picnic, we made it…and I think my jaw dropped as soon as we reached the parking lot.  I’ve never seen a company put so much into their picnic before.  There were bouncy houses, huge slides, carousel rides, train rides, pony rides, fire trucks with real fire men demonstrations, snow cones, DJ, caterer, SO MUCH FOOD, I mean they had set this park up basically like a little carnival.  It was really neat and Ryder definitely enjoyed his time there!

016 022

511343d9-9c7c-4493-b016-07e0414c4690 b46089bc-a80a-4f17-b5b7-923d4757da36

Ryder even found a mo-hawked friend to enjoy the festivities with.

023

032

Probably the coolest part was when they called all the kids out into the field where they had rows and rows of toys laid out and told them to walk through and find one!  His company is woman owned and she puts a big emphasis on putting family first, that’s really refreshing these days! 

034

036

You can tell this woman loves her company and takes great care of her employees.  Alan comes home every day with something new that says BFPE on it.  Pens, folders, chapstick, flashlights, first aid kits, magnetic clips, screwdrivers…nothing is off limit.  Here I am rocking my BFPE sunglasses:

529dcc2b-8437-4074-b509-835238ed821f

What can I say…I heart BFPE.  And their company picnics :)  I’m going back next year, whether Alan comes or not! 

2 comments:

Nicole said...

love the sunglasses!!! :-) And the rows of toys?! Can I go next time?? haha

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

yeah i wanna come too ;) haha