Sunday, September 19, 2010

More Weekend Fun (the manly part)!

After Church, the weekend took a quick turn from being “girly” to being extremely MANLY!  First, we met up with Paw-paw for lunch and he bought Ryder a new fire truck!

064

Then once we got home, Uncle G came over to show Ryder his new dirt bike.  OH wait, let me back up, sometime this week Alan & Gregg bought Ryder all FOUR of these:

017

So, the newest obsession is bikes and wheelies!  Okay, back to my story, Uncle G shows up driving a real, live dirt bike!  Gregg came inside and showed it to him out the window, and Ryder was instantly excited!  He wanted to see it, touch it, sit on it, and…you guessed it…ride it, of course!  Ryder & Uncle G came back in to plead their case on why this would be a good idea, and me & Daddy were saying “no, no, no”.  About 5 minutes later we’re putting shoes on, getting the camera, and Ryder is hyperventilating because I’m not moving fast enough and he needed to ride that bike ASAP! 

066

 068

 069

071

Uh-Oh, he let go.  Okay, new plan…”hey babe, remember that back pack you used to carry Ryder in??”  I can’t believe I’m going along with this.  “Yup, sure do, I’ll go get it”…

 079

075

 074

And off they went.  My boys.  I love them.  And they came back in one piece…in case anyone else was worried, or was that just me?!

3 comments:

Emily W said...

Its happening before you thought! Great job being supportive and not freaking too much. They look so cute together though riding as father and son!

Nicki said...

oh my gosh....that is the cutest thing i've ever seen...Ryder in his snugglie thing, haha. I'm glad he got some "man" time in after a weekend with us girls :)

Jamie Claudia said...

The "front back pack" was a GREAT and much less-worrysome idea!! Kudos to alan for thinking of that!!! Now, when's Alan getting his dirtbike?! haha