Monday, July 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home

It feels so good to be back home, in the AC, out of the rain, with a warm bed to sleep in and dry clothes to put on!  Don’t get me wrong, we had a blast out in the wilderness “roughin’ it” with our friends….but there is no place like home.  Especially when you have this silly guy waiting to show off his new dance moves:

And waiting to share french fries and cookies with you!

15 months 19115 months 20215 months 199Okay, so, how much older does he look to you?!  I’m not crazy right??  He looks like a little boy now!  What happened to our baby?!  We only went camping for two nights!!  Well camping AND driving our truck across the river.  Yes, you read that right, who knew (besides my Mountain Man husband) that you could drive your truck across a river?! 

 The view from my window:camping10 013

 And from the middle of the Shenandoah River:camping10 017camping10 018

  Like I said, Home Sweet Home!!

7 comments:

Nicki said...

oh my gosh - you seriously drove your truck through the river??!! haha...that is hilarious! :) Oh and the pic of Ryder eating that french fry? ADORABLE! Looks like he was so happy to see Mommy & Daddy! :-)

The Vathes Family said...

So no canoe this year then? LOL jk too funny!

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, that picture of Ryder cheesing is SOO cute!! And I can not believe ya'll drove Alan's truck in the river LOL!

The Baldwin Family said...

For the 100th time... that hair! I can't believe it! <3 looks like fun!

Caleb's mom said...

He melts my heart! Yes I think he grew and his hair. Too cute!

McNab Family said...

He loves to dance just like Owen! He is getting so big, it's crazy how much they change in such little time.

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Wow, that picture is awesome. I know you guys had a wonderful time. I didn't think that "from my window" picture was literal. ha ha